-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Browser will not show images or load style sheets

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:41:49 -0400

Why does it not surprise me that the problem only occurs when the computer
is connected to/through AOL.  My money says the problem is either a benefit
designed to make AOL so simple that anyone can use it or is a problem
created by one of those benefits.... most likely a server level security
related benefit.  I would check with AOL to see if there are any user
settings on those types of benefits that might fix the problem.

I would think that a faulty modem or other external hardware device would
block ALL data, not just some.  But you might check the configuration of the
modem and router/filter/whatever.  It could be locking down certain ports
that certain data transfers use.

I would not suspect any user installed security software on the computer, at
least not yet, since it works fine on your access point.

Don