-=PCTechTalk=- Re: BlackListing Spam

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:44:05 -0500

{{{Troth puts on his gloves!}}}

>> OK, but doesn't that simply defeat the
>> reason you use such programs?  If you're
>> going to download it to a SPAM program
>> on your computer, you might as well
>> download it to your e-mail program and
>> use the filter system their

If I were on a dial-up, yes I think it would defeat the purpose, but on
cable I'm not concerned about bandwidth for myself. And, I don't fear SPAM
for the virus. I fear them for the time it takes from me. I let it shoot to
a SPAM folder, and when I have nothing better to do I just skim through it
real quick. Using your own filter system, IMO, stinks. I tried that awhile
ago, and it worked to some extent. But, some of these spammers are very good
at what they do. Would be interested to know what filters you have set up.

>> It allows me to see what mail is on the
>> server.........not necessary, but
>> interesting and occasionally useful.

That's the problem... I don't want to be bothered. But, I guess to a certain
extent I'm still gonna be bothered anyways, from looking at my SPAM folder
on my off-times.

>> It announces arrival of new mail (without
>> downloading it) in a way that doesn't
>> interfere with my operation of the computer.

I guess its preference really. I prefer to have it download, as long as I'm
not on dial-up.