-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Big Firefox 2 Problems

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:50:42 -0800

Try this site:
http://browsers.evolt.org/
because it archives the older browsers.

and in particular this page:

http://browsers.evolt.org/?/mozilla/firefox

Although the techs will have to tell you whether you can have 2
different versions on the same computer.  I have no clue as I've
always upgraded.

Judith
"Making the complicated--simple"
http://www.agoodread.com

I have spent all day yesterday, and several hours this morning
(I've been up
since 2:30 a.m Eastern!) trying to get 1.5.0.7 back, or really,
just
about anything
other than 2.
The archive page is so non-understandable...to me, at least....
downloaded several
things, including, I was shocked to see, a Chinese version! I am
miserable with the
new version. I downloaded it a 2nd time, when I threw up my
hands over the
inability to get back to the older one. And it's worse than the
first
time I downloaded
it.

I'm really desparate. And BTW, I went to all the help pages, and
found
absolutely
nothing to help. And again frustrated because I couldn't find a
place
for actual
contact help.

With this version, I can't get to my home page....each time, I
need to
go to history
to find it. I cannot read the toolbars, the tabs are almost
invisible,
my themes, although
installed, never show up, the IE button, although installed,
cannot be
found, and on
and on. It's a complete disaster.

I sure hope you can help. I'd LOVE to get my old, steady,
wonderful
Firefox back.
If you have a solution for me, it's drinks all around!

Betty