-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backing up

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:24:49 -0400

I assume the "other folders" you looked at in the Program Files folder
are not game related folders.

If I am correct then these may well be critical to the operation of
other programs on your computer that have nothing to do with the games
and should not be deleted until you have specifically identified the
file and its purpose for being there.

If I am wrong, you most likely can delete them with impunity.

In either case, a google search will likely help identify them and
provide information that would be helpful to Gman and others here to
determine if it is safe to delete.

If you decide to cast caution to the wind, back them up first (a new
backup since some may have been changed since the one your SIL did).

Suggestion:  Clean out the recycle bin first.  Then don't empty it
again until you have finished your cleanup and backup, have rebooted
at least once and are reasonably certain that during the cleanup phase
you did not delete anything you shouldn't have.

Don