-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Award wining software

  • From: "zat" <zzzatso@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:31:00 -0800

I've never tried out such 'compression' software so can't testify as to how
well it works. One way that I try and save space is to convert the format of
the picture. A jpg is generally smaller than a bmp and sometimes a gif will
be smaller yet. Depending on how well the image has to display converting to
a 256 color gif can drastically save space. I've had bmp(s) go from 800k
down to 80k by simply converting the image.

zat