-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Archiving Old Mail

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:08:39 -0400

Saving the .dbx files are fine... but, if you need to do a search, how do you
search .dbx files? You can't. I need a way to save old mails, and be able to
search them at will. Preference would be saving them to disk. Then, when the
time comes, if I need to search mail from January of 2002, I take out the CD
marked "Jan-2002" and do a search for a keyword in the mail.

Now, saving the individual emails... for me, that's not efficient. I have
approximately 300 emails daily I am looking to archive. Saving each individual
email would basically guarantee me a divorce.
:)

---Troth