-=PCTechTalk=- Re: After formatting woes..

  • From: "Chris Spotta" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:00:00 +0100

Memory is also still a firm favourite.
Have you tried taking out all new memory so the machine is back to how it
was pre Friday, with just the old ram in it?

Also I have had machines where they only had one major crash, but the crash
caused damage to data on the hard drive which then caused random problems -
try doing a check disk.

From within windows you do this by My Computer > Right click C: Drive >
Properties > Tools > Error Checking Check Now - and then ticking both boxes
in the window that come up. It will tell you it can't be run and would you
like to run it when the machine reboots, say yes and reboot.

Be aware depending on hard drive size and if it finds errors and needs to
fix them, this can take between 20mins and 3Hours. Do not turn the machine
off while it is running the disk check - you will lose data.

Regards

Chris
chris@xxxxxxxxxx