-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Anyone know anything bout this? Incrudimail

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:06:02 -0400

Spyware free, maybe.  However that does not mean they do not track your use
of their product, including to whom you send mail, when the recipient opens
the email and even how many times the email is opened, who it is forwarded
to and when and how often they open it.  And please note... the privacy
policy applies ONLY to users of Incrudimail that have agreed to the terms
before downloading.  It does NOT apply to those that receive email
constructed with the product.  So any information can be collected from them
and then used any way Incrudimail wants to use it without violating their
privacy policy.

They do this by using tracking beacons similar to those used by Yahoo (and
widely announced as something new by well intentioned people via chain
letters about every 6 months).

Incredimail also adds a very unwelcome amount of overhead to an email.
Depending on how much "stuff" (such as smilies, background colors/designs,
music and pictures/videos/graphics) the user packed into his email it could
add 250KB or more to a message that the poor guy on dial-up has to download.

Last, but not least.... Just because they (Incredimail) say that they do not
install any third party software on your computer, does not mean they do not
install software of their own making that can do anything that third party
software can do.

Incredimail just might be as honest, straight forward, upright and concerned
about your privacy as they proclaim to be, but in todays world, I am just
too cynical to believe it.

Don