-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Advice re leaving computer on 24/7

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:27:41 -0500

I've read the other people's response to this, and I'm going to take a
different tact.

I leave mine running 24/7.  But the only reason I do is because I use Win
2000 and XP.  The Win9x family has memory leaks which can lead to crashes
over time so eventually you have to reboot.  2000 and XP don't suffer the
same leaks.  I can leave mine running for days and never have a problem.  I
do turn it off when I am going to be gone for extended periods of time but
that's about it.

Dave