-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adaware & WeatherBug

  • From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:41:57 -0600

I figured it was my system and not the program.  I am running Win 98 SE on a
computer built for me at a local shop.  1300 meg AMD Athlon processor and 40
gig harddrive.
First I am trying unchecking "run at startup" as this occurs when I am
shutting down and persists in connecting to my dial up connection.
Sandi
P.S.  I have not added anything else recently.  I have maintenance scheduled
weekly and also run cleanup and regclean as needed. Oh, and when I went to
remove weatherbug I found that Adaware and pretty well cleaned everything
out.  It was nowhere to be found in the programs list or in the add-remove
programs.  I did find a folder with three items in it by running find and
deleted the folder.