-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AO's and 3D's

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:01:08 -0800

Hi Joyce,
I have found that some character set will cause weird formatting of=
 messages.
Also the word wrap setting if I go longer that 72 character my
lines break with an =3D sign at the end of them.

US ASCII as the character seems to help.

Greg Chapman wrote a good article here
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc3/v28/greg28.htm
How To Make Outlook 2002 Play Nice at Freelists
~~ by Greg Chapman, Senior Systems Engineer
NOTE FROM LINDA:  Greg wrote this tutorial for the members of my MSO email=
 support group at freelists because many of the members kept posting that=
 links that were shared were bad, etc.  Well, the links were NOT bad but in=
 the process of freelists' server converting Outlook 2002 email, these=
 "=3D" and "=3D20" signs kept being inserted at the end of lines and if a=
 link was long, it was full of them.  But, Greg saved the day and figured=
 out the fix for us, so I asked him to share it here in case any others=
 here have seen this problem when posting to any plain text lists.  This=
 fix DEFINITELY works and my MSO group is proof of it :-)
++ There is more on the web site.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/16/2005 at 9:47 AM Joyce wrote:

On this particular message there are a bunch of AO's and 3D's.  Is that
caused by incredimail?  Or something else?I intentionally did not trim so
you can see what I am seeing.
Joyce