-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 3rd TEST. Please Ignore.

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:16:21 -0800

Hi Cristy,
If you keep up with the MS critical updates and practice
safe email procedures it can be be as effective as many
other programs.

I take it to extremes.
I use Plain Text only.
I do not click on unknown links
I do not open attachments unless I'm alerted ahead of time
to expect them and what name and file size and extension.
I scan them with a recently updated AV program.

My browser, IE6 is set to disable Java, and Active X.
No Flash, no Video, no sound and Zone Alarm set to block
everything and prompt me.

I can enable the effects manually if I need them.

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 12/19/2005 at 8:55 PM cristy wrote:

so then outlook express is much more risky for viruses?

cia,
cristy