-=PCTechTalk=- Quick Launch and Desktop icons

  • From: "Harold B." <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC TechTalk_LIST" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:52:41 -0400

Hello again ... Two problems that started about the same time (might or might
not be related)

1. the Quick Launch disappears after rebooting. Note that the icons that I keep
on the QL are always there when I right-click the Taskbar > Toolbars > and
re-check Quick Launch.

2. At the same time, after rebooting the computer, or clicking Refresh on the
desktop, the desktop icons all line up on the left side of the screen. They
line up the same way each time. Right-clicking the desktop > Show Icons, shows
nothing checked (except "Show Desktop Icons). Note that checking any of the
options does not eliminate this problem. What I do now, by using a program
called "Icon Restore" (it's excellent and it's free), I can immediately then
put them back the way they were.

Any ideas how this problem with the QL and the "unstable" icon positions can be
corrected? --- Harold