-=PCTechTalk=- Power Options lost?

  • From: "DO1212SK" <do1212sk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:31:44 -0400

Somehow I've lost the power options "Hibernate" and "Standby".
Now the "Sleep" button on my keyboard does nothing, and when I hit the PC's
main power button, where it used to hibernate, now the only options are Shut
Down or Restart.

When I check the Power Options section in Control Panel, ther are NO more
indicators for either Standby or Hibernate either! WinXP help section tells
me that these options do not appear if "my computer is not equipped for
them".  But it always was in the past....??

Puzzled,
Greywoulf