-=PCTechTalk=- Please trim

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:17:09 -0800 (PST)

I was reading with a bit of interest the thread concerning people not
remembering or knowing how to delete addresses when forwarding messages; also
the items concerning taking out all the >>>> in the messages.  It was with
amusement that I counted ten copies of this list's tagline that starts with
 > <Please delete this line and everything below.>>
in one of those messages.  Also in that message the >>>>> went about half way
across the screen.  I think most people who were encouraging and trying to
teach others how to remove the addresses and >>>>>> are computer savoy.  Yet
many of us on this list cannot remember to trim the extra taglines.  How can we
expect people who do not care to learn how to do things besides send and
froward messages to remember or care to learn how to take out addresses and >>>
if we cannot remember to do a simple thing such as trim tag lines.  All the tag
lines make the Digest Version very long and it is annoying to have to scroll
down some forty plus lines to get to the next message in the Digest.  Please
trim the taglines and other extraneous information before you send.
Thanks
Dave