-=PCTechTalk=- Open Office forums

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:15:36 -0500

I have been unable to sign on to join the forums so contacted support.  I have
had two e-mails from Louis Suarez-Potts.  The first one told me I did not need
a password or user name to use the forum but just subscribe to it.  Also told
me I did not need to register the program-- the registering was to register
myself if I wished to participate in the ongoing development of open office.  I
went back to the forums through a link that he gave me and found no way to
subscribe and if I tried to post or reply I was not permitted to do so.  Still
asking for username and password. I replied to Louis and told him that.  He
said "I am not really the right person for this" and directed me back to the
support page.  I think I told you guys before that I messed up when entering
username and password because I tried to use Roboform and did not do it
correctly.  I have not been able to get beyond that but I will try again one of
these days when, hopefully, they have forgotten I ever existed!
Now I have a question.  Does anyone on here use open office enough to answer
some basic questions?  I have gone to help and there is lots of stuff there but
I don't always understand what it is trying to tell me.  I have also played
with open office quite a bit, clicking on this and that, trying to figure it
out that way.
Anyone an expert on open office?
Sandi