-=PCTechTalk=- Of list Re: Interesting entries in mscofig startup

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:07:02 -0700

Hi Ray fellow mods,
you may want to suggest/look at Sysinternals

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47
c5a693683.aspx>

The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities have been rolled up into a
single Suite of tools. This file contains the individual troubleshooting
tools and help files. It does not contain non-troubleshooting tools like
the BSOD Screen Saver or NotMyFault.
-=-=-
It is free from Microsoft and has a very good Process Monitor tool

"Process Monitor v1.33
By Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell
Published: May 12, 2008
Introduction
Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows
real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines
the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and
adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive
filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names,
reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol
support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more.
Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in
your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.

Process Monitor runs on Windows 2000 SP4 with Update Rollup 1, Windows XP
SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista as well as x64 versions of
Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows Vista."

-=-=-
Google =
http://www.google.ca/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&q=systernals

IHTH