-=PCTechTalk=- Need a recommendation

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:33:31 -0800

After being so sick for over a year, I am now back on my feet.

I have tons of medicl bills still coming it.  I decided if the medical
community is going to get all my money, we may as well get new computers now
since we will be broke and at home forever....lol!  At least we will have
some entertainment.
I am praying I will not have to go back to dial up....lol!  I am sure
American Express loves me now!  ha ha!

So, we bought two new computers in Dec    We boughtt them from CompUSA
(TigerDirect).  Every single person I spoke with during the ordering process
was helpful and had great attitudes.
What a joy!  They had me order the computers seprately as there was free
shipping on orders that weighed  35 lbs or less.  When one did not work
properly, they issued a UPS call tag.  They even agreed to allow me to
return the extra 4 GB memory I had purchased as I was afraid what was wrong
with the computer could have hurt the memory.  The also allowed me to return
the CA Security & Tuneup packages I had purchased.  (The problem started
after the installation and removing the software did not fix the program.  I
just wanted to start with a totally new computer and not have to trouble
shoot problems when the new computer came and I put the old memory or
software in the computer.

I also purchased seprately a USB HD TV tuner.

Every single person I spoke with at CompUSA or IBuyPower were very nice and
helpful.  The machine comes with a 1 year depot warranty.  I purchased 2
additional years of on-site servuce too.  I hope I never need to use them.

GETTING TO THE POINT:
I have the new computer as well as the new additional 4 GB ram (making it a
total of 8 GB) and am getting ready to take it out of the box. I have 3
monitors and the video card can handle two monitors.  The current card is an
ATI RADEON HD4670 1GB Graphics Card
I have been told this is an ok card, but I might want something better when
I am working with Graphics.  Does anyone have any recommendations that do
not cost $1,000,000?
If you want to, you can go to www.CompUSA.Com and then in the keyword/search
box type in, I455-90800.  It shows you tons of stuff about the machine
(including the fact it is no longer for sale.. (scared me...lol!).  There is
also a video review done by Com.puter.tv
at
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb79us_ibuypower-gamer-extreme-908-slc-des_tech

it gives a different number than the one I listed above, but the number I
have is CompUSA's number.  The video is identical at both sites.

All of this being said, I need to buy a second video card and am looking for
a recommendation.  (The computer does have 8GB of ram.)

H E L P !
Thanks in advance....
Rose

in the Subject.