-=PCTechTalk=- More strange things happening to my computer

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:21:00 -0500

When I came to check my e-mail today the screen was black and the mouse
would not bring it to life.  Wiggled the mouse and saw it did not have a
light,  It is a Labtec Optical.  Eventually the light came on and the screen
came up but I then had another message saying my system has just recovered
from a serious error.  This  time I did send the report to Microsoft but
don't have any faith in that helping anything.  Then WinPatrol told me a new
program was trying to start up.  I checked not to let it as I was not
anticipating anything like that. Oh, and when I sent the report to Microsoft
a pop up said I was missing a file.  It came and went so fast that I have
not idea what that was about and did not get a description.
I have the feeling that something dire is about to happen to my computer but
I do not know what to do about it.
One more thing I just remembered.  Shortly after the message that my system
had recovered from a serious error, I also got a message in the notification
area that my firewall was turned off and I needed to click on the icon to
correct it.  I went to the Security Center and the firewall was on.  The
warning icon left.
All of the scans that I did yesterday showed no infections any more.  The
automatic virus scan that runs at 3 a.m. showed no infections.  Still
something is amiss.  Any ideas?
And if I "go missing" you will know the computer is in the shop!
Sandi

in the Subject.