-=PCTechTalk=- Media Player etc problem

  • From: "Janette" <ghostpops@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 06:54:26 +0200

Hi everyone,

I've had a problem with Mediaplayer 9(and the version before that) playing
mpeg/mpg's on my computer. I'm using WinXp Pro. It also doesn't play mp3's,
so I installed Realplayer and that worked for awhile. I recently purchased a
camera that does movie clips in avi format, but not one player on my system
will play it. I used a program called GSpot and it said I need a codec,
which I installed, but it still won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions
for me?
Just as a point of interest, if I open the file in Jasc's Animation Shop, it
runs, minus the sound obviously, but I would still like to play it in the
normal way.

Thanks so much.

Janette