-=PCTechTalk=- Looking for advice...

  • From: "cajun12" <cajun12@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 13:53:43 -0500

Thanks for your input on the Antec PSU, Suzanne.  I've missed you, girl! =
 I used to hear people rave about Antec cases and fans, and when my =
cheapie power supply that came with my case blew, I thought Antec was a =
good brand name.  Not to mention the fact that I had an absolute =
emergency and needed a power supply like NOW and was forced to go to a =
local computer store whose pickings were slim and none - hmmm, about 2 =
brands, and about 4 psu's in all to choose from between those 2 brands.  =
So I made a choice that didn't cost me an arm, a leg, AND my first born. =
 I sure am glad now that I didn't pay $150 for an Antec psu that was =
barely over 500W!  Anyway, the replacement will at least be good for a =
backup or a psu tester.  I'll add it to my stack of used peripherals in =
the back room.  *grin*

I looked at the Enermax and Corsair psu's, but decided to go with =
G-Man's recommendation.  The day after I ordered it, someone emailed me =
and told me they had a brand new modular Enermax in the 500W-600W range =
that they would lend me to see if it was my problem, and if it was, =
would sell it to me for $60!  It appears this was a replacement under =
warranty for something that went out and they had already gotten another =
one, similar to what I'm doing.  I'm not sure I'd want to go modular, =
and that one had 2 rails, which I also haven't done before.

dj