-=PCTechTalk=- Kookie Jar Signature Program

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:51:28 -0500

Update on the Kookie Jar signature program.
As I got into it, I remember testing this some years ago.  This is a
far more sophisticated program than it was when I last looked at it.

It is NOT intuitive.....or at least not after learning the SigMan <G>
To me, Sigman is much easier to set up.  Too many unusual terms in
Kookie Jar.  I have to learn the language before I can begin to run
it.

I just spend about three hours editing my signature file, cleaning it
up.  Too bad neither Sigman or Kookie Jar can import or use the
signature file of the other program.  The good news is that editing is
far easier in Kookie Jar then it is in SigMan.  Kookie Jar has a neat
feature that will sort the signature alphabetically when you load it
in the editor.  That means you can find dups instantly (or near dups).
 Out of 1100 signatures, I found probably 100 dups.  The actual
editing was also much faster/easier in Kookie Jar.  The file was due
for a cleanup anyway.

There are some quirks that I'm not sure about.  In Sigman the random
generator provides a new signature every few seconds.  In KJ, it looks
like the minimum time is one minute.  That may be OK, but it sounds
slow which "could" give dups if I do a couple of e-mails in a row
quickly.  There's some other quirks but I guess I'll figure it out.

The signature file is done now....so I have to figure out how to make
it work........<sigh>   This is gunna be tough <chuckle>  I think I'm
getting too old for this!

The good news is I'm listening to the oldies music channel on the
satelite and I'm groovin' here <chuckle.

At least groovin' as much as a 57 year old can groove while working on
a computer <G>

  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thursday, 3/10/2005, @ 11:47:12 PM EST
To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
 This is to have succeeded.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson