-=PCTechTalk=- Firefox Revisited

  • From: betty <nextcent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:54:04 -0500

My euphoria last night was ill advised. When I tried to shut down the
computer, I wasn't
able to. Kept getting a window saying Windows was copying files!!! I
finally put it on Stand
By mode.
This morning, I was again unable to eject the CD, which I had left in
the drive last night.
I almost broke my fingers, lol, trying the clip trick, using 2
differrent sized clips. Couldn't
open the drive. I finally had to do what I did yesterday....unplug the
computer. I cannot
imagine trying using that drive again. BTW, evidently my default backup
is Roxio, and
that's why I had the same problem.

I think now my first priority is knowing for certain, one way or the
other, whether or not
I need a new drive. If I do, maybe I can copy my files onto floppies, by
devoting the next
year of my life doing it!! Tee hee. I'm really not laughing...I'm very
worried.

Betty