-=PCTechTalk=- Can't See Pictures on DVD

  • From: Don Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:58:47 -0500

My brother-in-law sent me a DVD with a slide show of family
wedding pictures but I'm unable to view them on my PC.
My son-in-law was able to see the slide show on his XP
equipped laptop using his copy of the DVD.

My DVD is +R as is the DVD my brother-in-law sent.

The big file on the DVD (I assume the one containing the
actual pictures) is a .vob plus there is one that is an .ses.

The following is the directory/file structure of the DVD per
Windows Explorer.

Audio_ts   (Directory)
OpenDVD   (Directory)
   Sources   (Directory)
      VTS_01_1_VOB   (Directory)
         VTS_01_1_VOB.ses  (1,958K file)
   ClickMe.htm   (16K file)
   opendvd.pvm   (2K file)
   Untitled.dvd   (8K file)
Video_ts   (Directory)
   Vts_01_1.vob   (988,574K file)
   Video_ts.bup   (6K file)
   Video_ts.ifo   (6K file)
   Vts_01_0.bup   (20K file)
   Vts_01_0.ifo   (20K file)

I can view the slideshow on my DVD player attached to
my TV but I can't see them on my computer.  I am using
W98.  I would like to be able to access individual pictures
in the slide show so I could get copies of the ones with
my family, etc.  Does anyone know what program I should
have in order to do this?

Thanks.

Don