-=PCTechTalk=- Browser Hijacker- update

  • From: DeaconDeamon@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:08:23 +0000

I downloaded and rain hijack this.  It found things but nothing that said
system doctor.  As the other stuff was excite, which I have as a home page on
one of my browsers, and microsoft things I left them alone.
 I next did a deep search, putting search info in 2nd box down, and found 2
places where system doctor was listed.  One was under definitions in ad-aware,
expected, but the other was in the cookies for Firefox.
 I deleted the cookies and that seems to have solved the problem, for now.  I
also delete any and all possible sites in my bookmarks where I could have
picked up my friend.
 As far as protection for this type of stuff I have Ad-aware - for me this
works great with IE and Avant but does not seem to work with firefox.   I also
use AVG anti spyware and spybot s&b.
I don't believe any of these are real time, but they should have found this
insect.
I was wondering if someone could  recommend a low cost or free real time anti
spyware program that will work with Firefox.
Thanks
Steve.