-=PCTechTalk=- A new diff outlook express question

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

Cristy

My guess is that you have OE set to leave the mail on the server.  When
you download the mail, it stays on the server.  The server has no way of
knowing that you have read and deleted the mail.  Then when you download
again OE gets that mail too, because it gets all mail sitting on the
server.  You need to change the setting in OE.   I do not remember how to
do this as I have not used OE in a while.
Dave

------------------------------

From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: -=PCTechTalk=-
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:22:33 -0400

Can anyone tell me why when I click send/receive on outlook express six,
besides getting new email messages I also get old ones that I had
previously
delted?  I do have ALOT of emails saved in my inbox, its like they are
looping back in from the mysterious deleted places.

christy
And I already deleted what was in the deleted folder.
I use win xp home.