-=PCTechTalk=- 2 external hard drive quetions

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:36:45 -0400

Things so smoothly for me and I can learn from others and then something
pops up for me :-)

I have used partition magic before and did not have this result so

question 1 - I partitioned a 300 gig into 2 parts and the fist part shows up
in My Computer as well as all its contents in a blue color - the 2nd part is
normal - is this something I can ignore or could it cause me to lose things
I store on it?  If I can ignore it anyone know why it did that?

question 2 - on another 500 gig hard drive I want to partition it into 2
parts again with the first part being around 150 gig - is it possible, and
if so how do I do it, to make that section bigger if I put nothing on the
other section?  The reason I want to do it this way is I plan to use that
hard drive only for scrapbooking but have found that if I have say a 200 gig
hard drive with only 50 gigs on it added at different times, it tends to put
them all over the place and defragmenting it doesn't do any good - being o/c
I want it all nicely together and not scattered around :-)

thanks!  Dolores