[pchelpers] Re: wireless still not working

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:24:34 +1200

Maybe it is distance, or it might also be a radio frequency source
nearby, or metal structure in the building acting like a Faraday cage.
In either case, you would need to be much closer to get any contact,
preferably with no wall in between. On the other hand, if your router is
also acting as a hub, put a 10baseT straight cable from the LAN card to
it and share over that. Note: If your operating system has the NETBEUI
protocol, use it. Sharing is heaps easier with it that trying to
configure TCP/IP.
G.R. Hanson wrote:

>I just called technical support at Dlink.  I got a very bad connection with a
>man that spoke so soft I had to have him keep repeating what he said.
>He wasn't very helpful.  Basically said my computer in the living room must be
>too far away.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions please???
>
>--

Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>