[pchelpers] Re: smsx.exe?

  • From: "Nigel" <nigel.lemmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:12:32 +1200

A google search turns up some interesting stuff including the following:

"smsx.exe is not the Microsoft SMS product, it is probably this:
http://www.superbank.ru/sms/

If you look at the bottom of the features page of this product, it is
designed to send lots of SMS messages to hand help devices.
http://www.superbank.ru/sms/SMSexpress.htm

Your would be attacker is trying to get your machine to download software
to send short messages to hand held devices. I have received a couple
pieces of spam on my cell phone lately, so I am sensitive to this. Your
would-be attacker's motives may be different."

It looks like malware to me!!
Cheers
Nigel