[pchelpers] re-install problem

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelper <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:25:03 -0500

I have been having problems with my shop computer for a while now. So I
thought
it would be a good time to re-install XP-pro. I got a new Motherboard so
it would
be a good time to use. it. First of all I put in a 30 gig drive and
moved everything I
wanted to save and import over to it. Then I switched the boards.
I put the backup 30 gig on IDE 2 port as a slave to the cd-burner.
Then I place the 80gig drive on the IDE 1 port all by itself. I then
deleted the partition
on the 80 gig and let the XP cd do it thing.

First thing on boot I see "Unknown cpu 1900+" I'm running a Duron 1600
Then in Windows I see that my backup 30 gig Drive is C:\ and my 80 gig OS
drive is E:\  My OS is on the 80 gig drive which is on IDE 1 port. So
why isn't it the
c:\ drive.

Besides that everything is purring like a kitten. I'm see what happens
after I move all
my data from the 30gig and remove the drive.

Pc