[pchelpers] Re: [pchelpers]

  • From: Tonia <ltonwannabe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 04:16:20 +0100 (BST)

 Hi Billy

Looks like he was using the Lotus apps for his spreadsheet. uue is uuencoded
file. You may need winzip or other compression/uncompression program to open
that one. I've found a site that may be useful to you. Look up the extension by
letter and in UUE click on tutorial and it will show you how to open and
extract this file.
http://filext.com/

Hope this helps.

Agape

Tonia

  Don Bieber <the-picture-man@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:57:49 +0100 "Billyus"
writes:
> hello all........our new secretary has been given the cong records on
> floppy disc from the outgoing secretary, and has asked me for some
> help as he cannot open the files. he is running win 98 and office
> 2000. when the a drive is opened and the files double clicked, the
> only one that will open are files ending in dbf files and these open
> in excel.
>
> the files that will not open are files ending in ........ inx and
> in properties, file types uue wps wks.
>
> anyone know how to open these files and which programs to use to
> open them.

Why not just ask the outgoing secretary?

CU,
Don Bieber
2338 Carlisle Road, York, PA USA 17404-4058, Phone- 717-764-1628, FAX-
775-256-6319

PS The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings
but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints, not me and
you, of course......

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Get personalised at My Yahoo!.