[pchelpers] Re: need the right wizard

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G.R. Hanson" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:28:03 -0500

Hi Re-Na,

Saturday, July 26, 2003, 2:53:18 PM, you wrote:

GRH> I know where network connections is in xp.

GRH> I can't find in there where it is I made a floppy though to
GRH> network my old pc and new one together.

GRH> When I run the wizards, it says nothing about making a floppy, so
GRH> I must not be in that location and need to know where exactly I
GRH> go to get that wizard.

As far as I know, you only get that option when you're setting up a
shared internet connection (ICS).

If you have a modem in the XP system, you can cheat and tell the
ICS wizard that you want to use the modem as the source of the
internet connection, and to share it with computers that are connected
to the network card.  At the end of the process, it should prompt you
to insert a floppy...

Once you have everything copied over, you can set up your internet
connection again.  Or, you could get another network card to put in
the XP system so that you can leave both systems networked while still
using internet with the other network card (you have cable or DSL
internet, right?).

--Scott.