[pchelpers] 'java' problem?

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCHelpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:27:11 -0500

'm still having some  'java' problems <I assume that is what it is.>

I have win 98 and use IE 6.

Example of the problem:
www.dell.com
click on home and office computers:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/default.htm?rpo=true

Under the 2400 desktop, click on more details.
Takes you to:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/offers/specials_3x_special61.htm

I cannot see get anything when I click on the blue question marks beside
the various details.
At the bottom of the page, it says 'error on page'.

Also when I try to print out the info of the pc I want to purchase, I
get only a beep. <then IE crashes and I have to reboot.>

If I click on the link that does not work and do a 'copy shortcut', it
always starts with: javascript:winopen

This is not just a Dell page problem. It also causes me not to be able
to play games on yahoo games. And other links on other pages do the
same, just get that annoying 'beep'.

Sometimes when I'm having these java issues when I click on things
instead of opening - a box kind of flashes before me on the screen with
something to put a check mark in, but I can't read it and it disappears,
not letting me put a checkmark in there.

I have a popup stopper, but it is disabled.  I had this problem even
when I didn't have a popup stopper.  I started having the problem many
months ago and someone said I should upgrade my IE to 6.0 and since
then, I have had this for sure.  I can't recall if I was having it
before that, but I think I was.  I think I started having it after doing
one of the microsoft updates.

(Yes, I've done scan disk and defrag, and I've used Norton to 'correct'
pc problems too.)

I have Sun Java 2 V. 1.4.1._02.
It is checkmarked in my advanced internet options for IE.

(I don't really know if it does anything for my computer, I've not
noticed a change of anything since installing it.)

Sincerely,
Re-Na Hanson / Arkansas USA

---