[pchelpers] Re: Wordpad reinstall

  • From: Donald Bieber <the-picture-man@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:04:17 -0500

Here's a new one. Go to this web sit of Microsoft:
https://order4.microsoft.upgrade.com/scripts/startwin98se1.asp

for $4.95  for the shipping,you can get the bug fixes for Win98

OR

for $20 +$5 for shipping you can get the upgrade to Win98SE. I have found
that The Second Edition (thus SE) fixes and adds bunches of good stuff.
on one computer, WIN98 wouldn't install the cd rom, I had to do it
manually, then I installed Win98SE and it took out my manual CD install
and put it's own in and it's been in ever since.

Also........... just in case you're working off a "copy" on the Win98
software, (now I know that you wouldn't do that, but if "someone" would)
it could give you problems on occasion due to not copying every single
file from the original CD, Now........ I wouldn't do that either,
but......... if someone would that might be the result.        cough,
cough.........

I know of someone that did that, not me of course, but when "he" threw
the "copy" away and used the "original" disk, the problem was solved.
  cough, cough........

I need a cough drop

I had a CD for MS Office97 and made a copy for my personal back up, and
glad I did. The original got so scratched or something, that it wouldn't
install anymore. I then used the backup and it worked fine. Backups are a
good thing.

On 05 Feb 2002 22:05:13 -0500 ejmay@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> thanks, Nigel
> I ran the sfc & got some Windows\system file corrupted message. so I
> re-wrote that.
> my CD is 98, not SE, I guess it's similar. It just puts me thru the
> same thing as the ctrl panel
> ....I did the reinstall. it choked & sputtered finally finished.
> still NO WordPad!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRGH! :-{
> I will go to the site Tonia mentioned - WordpadPlus.
> till then,
> Ellen

cu,
Don Bieber, The-Picture-Man

PS  I saw a sign in Chinese pet store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.