[pchelpers] WinXP SP2 RC2 imminent

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:18:15 -0500

Hi folks,

I've been using WinXP SP2 RC1 for several weeks now, and it seems to
be good, at least for me. If you have XP, I strongly suggest that you
grab SP2 RC2 a few days after it releases and install it.

***********************

http://www.winnetmag.com/windowspaulthurrott/Article/ArticleID/42968/windowspaulthurrott_42968.html

Second Windows XP SP2 Release Candidate Is Imminent
   Expect the release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Release
Candidate 2 (RC2) this week, unless yet another security-oriented
emergency sets back the oft-delayed release. Sources tell me that
Microsoft is already deploying XP SP2 RC2 internally and that the
company gave beta testers the code late last week. However, a recent
spate of "extremely critical" flaws in Microsoft Internet Explorer
(IE) 6--which also affect the supposedly ultra-secure IE version in XP
SP2--might ultimately push back XP SP2 RC2 yet again. If that happens,
the delay would be the third major postponement of this product.

The articles includes several links.

--Scott.