[pchelpers] Re: Win XP System tray

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Furman <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:25:10 -0500

Hi Eric,

Wednesday, June 23, 2004, 6:47:36 AM, you wrote:

EF> Oops! I just realised - too late - that sent my post in styled format.
EF> Should have been in plain text as under

It showed up fine here; apparently FreeLists strips out the
formatting.

EF> In WinXP - I have too many icons/programs running in the system tray. How
EF> do I terminate some of them and start others if I wish?

Run MSCONFIG (type it into Start->Run), and go to the Startup tab.

If you're talking about ending them ad-hoc, simply right-click on an
icon and select Close, if it has that option.

Whether a program goes into the System Tray or not depends upon
whether it is designed to or not, although you can find third-party
utilities that will make programs appear in the tray.

--Scott.