[pchelpers] Widows 2000 Professional

  • From: "Eric Furman" <dabaric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Helpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:22:25 +1200

Hi Guys

This morning I had a late start to my day. Wanted to delete a program using
Add/Remove Programs. Got the fright of my life when up popped the following
(1st incident).

?An unexplained error occurred.

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
res:/appwiz.cpl/default.hta Line: 77?

I duly logged on to MS-Knowledgebase to query this message. I was told to
download and run the SP4 service pack for Windows 2000 Professional. Took an
hour to down load all and then let it do it?s thing while off to work I went.

This evening the comp. seemed to be running faster and of course I was pleased
that this was so. However, when I tried to open the Add/Remove Programs again,
I was presented with another message (2nd incident) as follows.

?An unexplained error occurred.

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
res://sp3res.dll/default.hta Line: 84?

Again I went to MS-Knowledgebase but this time the MS-KB page loaded ?with
errors on page? and I am unable to query the database. Even tried rebooting ?
but zilch!

Will some kind member please query it for me and let me have the answer? I
really do want to have the ?Add/Remove Programs? facility working.

TIA

Desperate

Eric

Eric & Daphne Furman