[pchelpers] Re: Update did not install

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:28:50 +1300

> Hi John,
>
> I have a driver scanner and I downloaded and installed 5 drivers to
> bring them up to date. One was a network driver.
>
> It did not solve the problem. I cannot see that it should have
> anything to do with the internet connection. I have highspeed cable
> and it works really fast.
>
> I did an error scan and they want me to buy software for $70.00 to fix
> it. I do not think that I need that.
>
> Is there anything else anyone on the list can suggest?
>
> What will happen to my computer if I do not install this update? Will
> my computer be at risk?
>
> Inge
Windows Error Message 643: 'ERROR_DS_VERSION_CHECK_FAILURE'
A network adapter at the server failed.
 From the look of it, something failed between your PC and the ISP
system. This indicates problems outside your system. Have you spoken to
your ISP about it?
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786