[pchelpers] Re: Update did not install

  • From: Inge <pshebnicki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:20:53 -0400

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 4:27 PM, John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I found the error definition here:
> http://www.pc-library.com/errors/error-code/643-0x283/
>

>    Windows Error Message 643: 'ERROR_DS_VERSION_CHECK_FAILURE'
>
> A network adapter at the server failed.
> To learn more about errors in your system run a free registry scan
> <http://www.pc-library.com/errors/scan/registry/>.
> Description of ErrorThe Windows error 643 message flashes onscreen when
> the computer is unable to establish an Internet connection. This error
> is caused by a wrong number dialed to establish an Internet connection.
> Error 643 may also be caused by incorrect Windows networking settings.
>
> The text there suggests that outdated drivers may be involved. The
> following site claims to check for outdated drivers
> http://www.driverchecker.com/
> Firefox blocked it, but IE displayed it well enough. Anyone else got
> ideas on the quality and reliability of this service?

Hi John,

I have a driver scanner and I downloaded and installed 5 drivers to
bring them up to date. One was a network driver.

It did not solve the problem. I cannot see that it should have
anything to do with the internet connection. I have highspeed cable
and it works really fast.

I did an error scan and they want me to buy software for $70.00 to fix
it. I do not think that I need that.

Is there anything else anyone on the list can suggest?

What will happen to my computer if I do not install this update? Will
my computer be at risk?

Inge