[pchelpers] Re: RunDll....HELP

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:41:14 +1200

On 17/05/2010 4:26 p.m., Lois Herzog wrote:
> valid win32 application-----=0D
> =0D
> I don't know what this means??? Is it bad or good for the computer??? Wha=
> t should I do??? Do I need to install anything if I do let me know!!! Tha=
> nks for the help!!! I am on windows xp if that helps any?let me know if I=
>   need to uninstall something???this happens when I am doing different thi=
> ngs on it and that box comes up about the RUNDLL error! I just click on o=
> k and it does not bother me for a while.But it still comes up!!! I don't =
> know when!!! It happens all the time.a least once a day if not more than =
> once.   Hurts my head to try to find the answer.I tried to google it and =
> to told me what to do but afraid of doing something bad to the computer!!=
> !  PLEASE HELP ME!!! Lois Herzog

Rundll vs. Rundll32
Rundll loads and runs 16-bit DLLs, whereas Rundll32 loads and runs
32-bit DLLs. If you pass the wrong type of DLL to Rundll or Rundll32, it
may fail to run without indicating any error messages.
This information was found at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164787

There is more detailed information on the same page.
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786