[pchelpers] Re: Printer Reccomendation

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:53:07 -0500

SMD wrote:

>Ed,
>Don't exclude a laser printer.  We bought one a few months ago and
>normally they run at least a few hundred dollars up to about $1000,
>but we got ours on sale for $199.  The computer store was getting rid
>of older model printers to make way for new stock.  We've never had a
>problem with it, the print quality is excellent, it takes about five
>years of using it regularly (which we don't) before the ink needs
>replacing, and it does envelopes well.  Ours is a Panasonic KX-P7100,
>but there may be others out there that are similar.  If you're
>interested in laser, check around to various computer stores and see
>if they've got any sales coming up.

That right. Take a look at a Laser. I got a Brother HL-730 Plus (
6PPM/true 600 DPI)
about 4 years ago off of e-bay. Haven't yet had to replace the toner. I
print envelopes
all the time with no problems. And the Brother website has XP drivers
for it.
The toner is under $20 and the Drum kit is around $80
A couple of months ago I  seen brand new HL-730 + printers selling for
$75 on e-bay.
Right now I only see the newer models going for $85- $149

Pc