[pchelpers] Re: Newbie

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:34:43 +1300

Your first problem is possibly just a bad component. If the floppy is
bad (and I've had lots of them), replacement drives are cheap and easy
to get. Best to have a technician look this over though. From some of
the other things you said, it might have other problems, such as a
possible flat battery that's needed to maintain CMOS settings.

The approach could be to disconnect everything but the new floppy,
keyboard and screen, then bring up one thing at a time until the fault
is found. This is open case workbench stuff. Not that difficult if you
know it.

We can walk you through if you like.

--
Regards, John Durham <mailto:modec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >