[pchelpers] Re: Microsoft word problem

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:04:27 +1200

On 29/05/2010 2:57 a.m., Mike Miller wrote:
> Folks:
> I had made up a form to make a report. It consisted of Text and lines =
> that were drawn to show where different data would be placed. These were =
> not typed lines with dashes or underscores with a key on the keyboard.  =
> They were made with the drawing tools.
>
> Everything has been fine, until a day or so ago.  I open the form up and =
> it looks normal, but when I print, all I get is the text data and none =
> of the lines. I checked out ( i think) the global template, seems ok.  =
> Also if I do a print preview, I get only the text also, so it appears =
> that what I see on the screen is not what I get. I have attached a copy =
> of the form.
There may be a slight problem with this. Freelists has a tendency to
remove unidentified attachments before passing on a message.
It is a safety precaution for list systems to prevent the spread of
infections to others. To send the attachment you would need to send it
privately (bypassing freelists) so the files won't be removed on the way.

> Now... I have two computers, it displays and prints on one, but on the =
> older one it displays on the screen but does not print the graphics, nor =
> does it show the graphics in print preview.
>
> I am running Windows XP on both machines. =20
It is possible both machines need basic file maintenance. I have seen
machines fail after only a few months because the owner did not do this.

--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786