[pchelpers] Re: Messed up xp

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PcCowboy <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:18:21 -0500

Hi PcCowboy,

P> Is there a way to restore the registry where I can look at several
P> and pick the one I want to restore. Or doesn't xp save several
P> registries back-ups like it use to.

Yes it does!  It's called a "restore point", so he pretty much shot
himself in the foot.  If it takes up too much hard drive space, maybe
should consider getting a bigger hard drive for that computer.  The
restore points aren't saved indefinitely; it only saves as many as
will fit in the amount of space that's configured for restore points.

I'd say search the hard drive for the most recent Software, aside from
the bad one, and try it.

--Scott.