[pchelpers] Internet Cleanup 3.0

  • From: Ellen M <ejmay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

has anyone heard of this program - Internet Cleanup 3.0? I got this email (yes
I know the sender company) & I was wondering if it's worth my while? I don't
frequent unsavory sites, but I think it offers to clean off spyware.
Cheers!
Ellen J. M.

Dear Ellen Mayo,

You recently signed up to reserve a subscription to Digital Photography
magazine - a Planned Publication -- at freebizmag.com.

We regret to inform you that the publisher of Digital Photography magazine will
not be launching this magazine due to insufficient subscriber or advertiser
interest. However, as promised, we have arranged for you to receive a free gift
of Internet Cleanup 3.0 software ? a $29.99 value!

Internet Cleanup 3.0 protects your Internet privacy by erasing your Internet
data trail and permanently removing tracking devices left on your computer by
websites you have visited. People can spy on you by installing tracking
devices, and by viewing your "Recent Files" list, instant messenger logs,
emails, and more! As you surf the Internet, your browser stores the contents of
the web pages you visited on your hard drive.