[pchelpers] Humor

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:56:20 -0500

For information about subscribing to the Internet Oracle, send a blank
email to oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

******************************

Selected-By: Dave Hemming <dhemming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply.
Your question was:

> O vastly knowledgeable and experienced Oracle, who can fix any
> problem almost before it occurs,
>
> When I try to print out the answers you send me, my printer doesn't
> print. What should I do?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

} Troubleshooting Guide for Printer Problems
}
} Problem: Nothing prints, front panel says "PC LOAD LETTER."
} Solution: Printer is out of paper.  Put paper in letter tray.
}
} Problem: Everything printed is gibberish.
} Solution: Some bozo is printing a binary file.  Cancel the current
}   job, track down bozo, shove the ream of paper he wasted down his
)   throat.
}
} Problem: Nothing prints, front panel says "PC LOAD MANUAL."
} Solution: Printer is waiting for manual feed.  Put paper in manual
}   feed tray.
}
} Problem: Nothing prints, front panel displays normal status, printer
}   is not visable from network/local machine
} Solution: Printer may not be properly connected to network/printer
)   port.  Check cabling for printer's network connection or parallel
)   port as appopriate.
}
} Problem: Nothing prints, front panel display is blank.
} Solution: Printer is off.  Turn printer on.
}
} Problem: Printer functions normally for everyone's jobs except yours.
} Solution: Workstation's printer setting are hosed.  Check printer
}   settings on local workstation to verify that they reference the
}   correct printer.
}
} Problem: Nothing prints, front panel says "INSERT HAND TO CONTINUE."
} Solution: Printer requires blood sacrifice.  Insert hand into manual
}   feed tray, or, if future use of hand is desired, get coworker to
}   insert his hand.  Recommend use of virgin hands.
}
} Problem: Jobs print normally but then burst into flame, plastic
}   surfaces of printer are soft to touch.
} Solution: Printer is on fire.  Turn off flamethrower.
}
} Problem: Printer is missing.
} Solution: Printer has been stolen.  Buy new one.
}
} Problem: Print jobs are streaked and/or faded.
} Solution: Toner cartridge is malfunctioning.  Replace toner
)   cartridge.
}
} Problem: Printer doesn't work.
} Solution: User error.  Try a bigger brain.
}
} You owe the Oracle an etch-a-sketch.