[pchelpers] Re: Help!

  • From: Donald Bieber <the-picture-man@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:56:50 -0500

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:34:35 -0600 "pchelp" <pchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>   First of all throw out the CD (literally).

So I won't be needing the disk that you offered, thanks anyway

AND

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:14:30 +1300 "Bevan Edwards" <bevan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Have you tried plugging another CD-ROM into the motherboard and
> taking the existing CD-ROM interface card out
> before turning the machine on again?

I can't decide if I liked the first one best (which I did do it) or the
suggestion that was made that next time I should give them their computer
back with a note saying that they should take it to someone else that
knows what they're doing

Anyhow, thanks all for your suggestions, I did 'em all and it worked. I'm
still thinking about using the "note" idea.

Turned out when I went to try it again after the suggestion from
bevan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , it forced me to "do it again" and it turned out one
of the HD's and one of the CD ROM's I was trying to use were both
defective. I put in good stuff and it fired right up, with a little
tweaking, of course.

Thanks again.

cu,
Don Bieber, The-Picture-Man

PS  Thought for the day: "When everything's coming your way, you're in
the wrong lane" and by the way, this is the voice of experience speaking.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.