[pchelpers] Fwd: Microsoft Office having to 'configure' before it opens now.

  • From: Re-Na Hanson <rena.hanson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCHelpers <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 12:27:19 -0500

(The last email sent before I meant it to.)

I don't know what has happened.

Now if I want to open a Microsoft Office program such as Word or Excel,
a box comes up.
Windows Installer / and it says Preparing to Install.  Then immediately
another box opens.
At the top of it is says:  Microsoft Office Single Image 2010.  In the
box it says:  Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office
Single Image 2010.  There is a bar below that showing the progress and
it takes a little bit for that to do it's thing.

Then....
A bigger box comes up.  At the top it says Microsoft Office Professional
2010.
Inside the box it says:  Configuration Progress.
Then there is a bar and you see the progress.  Below that bar it says
configuring Microsoft office 2010.

Once it does that, then the documents will open.

But, every time I have to open a document, it starts the process all
over again.

What's up with that and how to I 'fix' it?

(That being said, my copy of Microsoft Office is authentic.  I just do
not know where my backup copies of it are if I need those to reinstall
it.  It's not something I can 'put my hands on' right now, as I am also
not at my primary home right now.)

Re-Na Hanson