[pchelpers] Deleting Folder Contents

  • From: "s m d" <indigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:20:30 -0700

I'm looking for an alternate method of deleting the contents of a folder other
than hitting the delete button.  A few days ago my husband was editing images
(jpegs) in Fireworks and went to save them in a folder but, to make a long
story short, Fireworks was probably starting to crash at the time and hence did
not save the images correctly, and the saved images became corrupt.  Now
Windows won't let you even open the folder.  All we get is an error message
(error: folder not accessible.  Incorrect funtion).  What we were hoping to do
is somehow delete the corrupt files and hopefully save the rest of the folder's
contents, or at the very least delete the folder itself.  I was going to
attempt deleting in DOS but we are on Windows 2000 and we can't find a way of
getting a true DOS prompt in that OS.

Any suggestions?

-Susan