[pchelpers] Re: Date problem with Nortons 2002

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:36:57 +1300

I've had similar problems, but don't have info on the programs you
requested. Maybe the others know of such apps. On the other hand, there
is a standard workaround for corrupt registry problems that will likely
solve your Nortons problem too.

Use a standard boot floppy to get to DOS prompt (if your system won't
allow this I would plug the drive into another slot and re-fdisk it).
Rename the windows directory to something the installer won't recognise
(but you will). If necessary, delete win.com from it to fool the
installer. Then re-install a clean windows version and allow it to set
up a new registry.

Afterwards, you will have to install the programs, but some will operate
from shortcuts you copy from the old directory. How does that grab you?

--
Regards, John Durham <mailto:modec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
ICQ number 112663246